In the event that the Incident Commander (IC) makes the determination that an Emergency Response or Hazardous Waste contractor should be called in - either to carry out cleanup initiatives or dispose of hazardous waste collected during a response - the following procedure should be followed:
- The IC should document one of the following:
- The responsible party's request that an emergency contractor be called in on their behalf.
- The county agency's (fire department, police department, etc.) request that an emergency contractor be called in to the incident response.
- The IDEM Office of Environmental Response suggestion that an emergency contractor be called.
- The rational behind the IC's determination to call an emergency contractor to the scene.
- The IC should record the time the emergency contractor was contacted, as well as the contact person with whom they spoke.
- The IC should contact the emergency contractors list on the following pages in the order listed, unless a logical reason for deviating from this order exists. If so, that reason should be documented for post-incident review purposes.
Emergency Contractor List
View the Hazmat Spill Contractors Local Response List (PDF)