- Public Safety
- Sheriff's Office
Law Enforcement Division
Effective Monday, October 30, 2017, the Henry County Sheriffs Office will be conducting public business at the Henry County Law Enforcement Division 112 S Main Street in New Castle the phone number will be 765-529-5669.
Public business such as tax warrant payments, gun permits, incident, traffic accident reports, sex offender fees, VIN, and title check inspection fees will be administered at this location.
Reports & Permits Fees
All payments to the office must be cash, check, or money order. We do not accept credit or debit cards at this time for the above.There is no fee for the following:
- Background checks
- Accident photographs but the requester will need to provide a disk for them to be put on.
- Incident reports. Pick up in office or fax request.
Gun permits are issued Monday through Friday 8 am to 4 pm, except holidays.
- Lifetime with a valid permit is $100 ($40 in office and $60 to state)
- Lifetime with no permit is $125 ($50 in office and $75 to state)
- Four-year permit is $40 ($10 in office and $30 to state)
VIN Check $4 fee must be paid in the office prior to the deputy being sent out. Must have VIN check form from BMV.
The Accident Report fee is $5 (Indiana Code: IC 9-29-11-1)
Sex Offender Registration
Sex Offender Registration fee is $50. Sex Offender Change of address or employment fee is $5.
Out of State Civil Process
The Out of State Civil Process fee is $60 per person per address.